Saturday 16 February 2013

Prawns Fry




This recipe is for all my Non-Veg friends……………………. Who have been complaining that I’m not posting any Non-veg recipes on my blog. 

My all time favorite dish – Prawn Fry. I hear from lot of people they never cook Prawns at home. But I guess this is the easiest & fastest you can cook at home. 

I learnt this recipe from one of my Aunt who makes yummy Prawn pickle. Nothing can beat that spicy, tangy Prawn pickle she makes. I’ve modified to my own version of Prawn fry since I couldn’t match to her Prawn pickle. 

Very easy, simple yet yummy Prawn Fry………………….

Prawn Fry

Ingredients:
Cleaned Prawns  – 250 gms
Finely chopped Onions – ½ cup
Finely chopped Spring onions – ¼ cup
Ginger/Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Chili Powder – 1 ½ tsps
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Lemon Juice – 2-3 tsps
Oil – 3 tsps
Salt to taste
Finely chopped fresh Coriander to decorate

Method:
Take a non-stick pan, add oil, finely chopped onions, fry it until brown on a medium flame. Now add the Ginger/Garlic Paste fry for 2-3 mins. Add finely chopped Spring onions and sauté for 2 -3 mins. 

Add Chili powder, salt and turmeric powder, mix all the ingredients well. Now add the cleaned prawns, mix very gently until the masala is coated to Prawns. We don’t want to break the Prawns here. 

At this point you can add very little water if you feel otherwise Prawns will ooze out enough water to cook to perfect. You will not require more than 5-6 mins to cook the prawns. Add lemon juice once Prawns are cooked to get that tangy flavor. 

Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve hot. 




No comments:

Post a Comment