Friday 1 March 2013

Chocolate Cup Cake



My love for baking all started with my little one who’s crazy of cakes & muffins. We used to hang out every alternate day in Just bake or Coffee Day feasting on cakes and muffins. 

I did lot of research and bought a small Oven but for my bad luck my first cake I baked got burnt, the second one puffed up too much. It was looking like a mountain than a cake. I still didn’t give up kept on trying my luck in baking and after lot of failures I succeeded to bake a perfect cake. Thanks to the lovely cake/muffin recipes on Joy of baking. 

Baking spirit is still on………… I can bake any cake in just 45- 50 mins now. I don’t call myself an expert but a beginner who can bake perfect cake now. 

I couldn’t stop posting this Chocolate Muffins recipe which I baked for my little valentine……… It was so pleasing when I saw a spark in my little daughter’s eyes when she saw these Chocolate Muffins!!!!!!

Chocolate cup cake

 Ingredients:

Powdered  sugar -  1 1/4 cups
All-purpose flour /Maida  - cup
Cocoa Powder – ½ cup
Baking powder – ¾ tsp
Baking soda – ¾ tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Eggs – 1 no.
Milk – ½  cup
Vegetable oil -  1/4 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Boiling water – ½ cup  

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 180°C for 15 mins. Grease the muffin molds.

Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. I do this twice so that all the dry ingredients are mixed well. 

Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla essence in a large bowl. Use a Beater on medium speed for 2 mins to mix this. Add boiling water and mix well in a spatula. You will see your muffin batter will be thin. Fill each prepared cup with scant 1/2 cup batter.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 160°C or until wooden pick inserted in center of the muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. I’ve used butter icing to decorate the muffins.



No comments:

Post a Comment